Annual Tree City USA applications for Washington communities were due on December 1. Did your community submit their 2021 application? If not, you can still do so, email Jessica.Lloyd@dnr.wa.gov for more information.
To help cities maintain and grow their tree cover, the Arbor Day Foundation has published more than 100 Tree City USA Bulletins on a wide range of topics. These bulletins have become a staple in the world of municipal forestry and are now tagged by topic, neatly organized, available in Spanish, and you can download them for free.
Here’s a sampling of the topics:
- How to Prune Young Shade Trees
- Resolving Tree-Sidewalk Conflicts
- The Right Tree for the Right Place
- How to Write a Municipal Tree Ordinance
- Tree City USA: Foundation for Better Tree Management
- Understanding Landscaping Cultivars
- 10 Tree Myths to Think About
Download the bulletins here.
Extra tip: If you’re more of a visual learner, explore the Tree Care Video Library for helpful tutorials.